Publication ethics of the Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI)
Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) is a Peer-Reviewed Journal published by the Faculty of Technology and Informatics, Dinamika University. This journal is published twice a year, namely in April and October. This journal covers the fields of Information Technology, Communication Systems, and Signals, Systems, and Electronics.
The Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) has a publication code of ethics based on the Regulation of the Head of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences Number 5 of 2014, stating that the scientific publication code of ethics essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely 1) Neutrality, namely free from conflicts of interest in publication management, 2) Fairness, namely giving authorship rights to those entitled to be authors, and 3) Honesty, namely being free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications. With these three ethical values, this Scientific Publication Code of Ethics can guide managers, editors, reviewers, and authors in the scientific journal publication system to always comply with the code of ethics, follow standards and accept responsibility for good scientific publication management practices.
The following are the responsibilities of the Publisher, editor, reviewer, and authors of the Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI):
The Responsibilities of Publisher
Publishers are scientific professional organizations, research and development institutions, universities, and publishing bodies that have the final role of publishing or not publishing scientific work.
- Responsible for publishing manuscripts that have previously gone through the process of editing, reviewing, and layout in accordance with the rules of publishing scientific journals.
- Responsible for ensuring academic freedom for editors and reviewers in carrying out their respective duties.
- Responsible for maintaining privacy and protecting intellectual property, copyright, and editorial freedom.
The Responsibilities of Editors
Editors of Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) coordinates the roles and functions of authors, reviewers, and journal managers in publishing papers based on scientific and ethical principles.
- Responsible for deciding which manuscripts are worthy of publication through the editorial board referring to applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement, duplication, data fabrication, and plagiarism.
- Responsible for organizing the review and acceptance of manuscripts.
- Responsible for ensuring the fairness of the results of the review of the paper.
- The Editors of the Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) will not disclose any information about incoming manuscripts or manuscripts except with the author’s permission.
- Unpublished manuscripts will not be used by the Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) editors for their interests and will be returned directly to the author.
The Responsibilities of Reviewers
The reviewers of the Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) help editors critically examine the substance of scientific work according to their expertise.
- Responsible for objectively reviewing articles in Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI) and supported by clear arguments.
- Reviewers are fully responsible for recommending manuscripts that have been reviewed.
- Reviewers are responsible for citations, references, data fabrication, and data falsification of an article.
- Reviewers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information and not using information from the manuscripts they are reviewing for personal gain/interest.
The Responsibilities of the Authors
The author expresses the results of his thoughts, including research and development, in the form of writing that meets the requirements of scientific and ethical principles.
- The author must honestly present the results of his thoughts or research without duplication, data fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism.
- The author is collectively responsible for the work and content of the article, including methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- The author is responsible for the confirmation submitted for the manuscript that has been written.
- The author shows references from the opinions and works of others cited.
- Authors must write manuscripts ethically, honestly, and responsibly in accordance with applicable scientific writing regulations.
- The author does not double-submit to other journals during the process at the Journal of Technology and Informatics (JoTI).